Scampi is a delicious dish made from shrimp, little green flakes, and butter.

You peel your shrimp, add butter and little green flakes, and eat. Preferably with raspberry vinaigrette on some salad, and big pieces of french bread.


Addendum: Scampi really is that easy to make, by the way. Just cook the stuff till it's nice and reddish (as memory serves, 15 minutes on high in a broiler, or you can cook it in a pan). The flakey green I speak of is your favorite green herb. It doesn't really matter. And it's excellent.

Other variations to try include replacing the bread with rice (or noodles of various sorts).

or, Shrimp Scampi

Scampi is a light, flavorful shrimp dish that can be used as a main course, appetizer, or side.

You will need:

  • 1 lb raw shrimp
  • 1/4 c white wine
  • 3 tbsp butter
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 3 cloves crushed garlic
  • salt and pepper

First, peel and devein the shrimp. In a large skillet, heat the butter and garlic on high. While the butter is melting, dip the raw, cleaned shrimp into the egg mixture, drain them off, and drop them in the skillet. You should sauté the shrimp quickly over high heat, for 2-4 minutes. You'll know the shrimp is done when they turn a vibrant pink color.

When the shrimp is fully cooked, add wine and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.

Scampi is also an amusing, if quite bizarre, animation and song by the illustrious Weebl (of Weebl and Bob fame). Unlike those cartoons, the title has absolutely nothing at all to do with the actual content.

We enter with a person in military uniform and extraordinarily large teeth. He is marching, as as he marches, he sings:

I've seen things, I've seen them with my eyes
I've seen things, they're often in disguise
Like:

At this point, the animation cuts to show a number of objects, one at a time, each cunningly disguised in some way. They are as follows (each is sung as it appears):

Carrots (A carrot wearing sunglasses and a false beard)
Handbags (A handbag with a false nose)
Cheese (Cheese with a large hat)
Toilets (A loo in camouflage paint)
Russians (An old woman with an American flag tied around her head)
Planets (The Earth with a sign reading "Mars")
Hamsters (A hamster with rabbit ears)
Weddings (A grave, the headstone bearing the words "Just Married")
Poets (The Bard wearing a red nose and party hat)
Stalin (Joseph Stalin wearing sunglasses...)
Kuala Lumpur (A map of Malaysia, with "Kuala Lumpur" scribbled out, replaced with France)
Pygmies (A pygmy whose face is blanked out)
Budgies (A budgie wearing a pair of silly glasses and a large novelty nose)
Kuala Lumpur (A map of Malaysia, with "Kuala Lumpur" scribbled out, replaced with France)

He then goes on to repeat the first 6 lines (I've seen things... to Cheese, inclusive) before taking a little break. The movie then loops.

The animation is of typical quality for Weebl - in short, excellent - although the movie's synchronisation with the music does begin to drop after a while. By the time this happens, however, most people will be too busy laughing to really care. If one enjoys absurd, strange and generally silly humour, then this is always good for a laugh.

Scampi may be found at www.weebls-stuff.com.


The Legal Bit: Scampi, its lyrics and content are all copyright J. Picking, alias Weebl. Permission has been applied for and received via email, as follows:


fine by me as long as we are credited.
----- Original Message -----
> Hi,
> First of all, (...)
> ...so what I'm asking is: would you mind if I were
> to post lyrics to some of your animations?
>
>Again, your stuff's superb. Hope to see more soon.
>
> Cheers,
> -Lawrence Matthews

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.