This spoof movie was released in 2000. It was directed by Keenen Ivory Wayans. It was written by Shawn Wayans, Marlon Wayans, Buddy Johnson, Phil Beauman, Jason Friedberg, and Aaron Seltzer. The final script was a combination of other scripts that were titled Last Summer I Screamed Because Halloween Fell On Friday The 13th (by Wayans and Beauman) and Scream If You Know What I Did Last Halloween (by Friedberg and Seltzer). The cast includes Shannon Elizabeth, Regina Hall, Lochlyn Munro, Jon Abrahams, Marlon Wayans, Kurt Fuller, Carmen Electra, Shawn Wayans, Anna Faris, Cheri Oteri, Dave Sheridan, Dan Joffre and others.

No mercy. No shame. No sequal.

This movie spoofs alot of recent horror and action movies. Some teenagers are being stalked by a bumbling killer. The plot to this movie isn't really important it is mostly the Scream/I Know What You Did Last Summer plots mixed together and some elements from other movies thrown in too. I think every scene of this movie is a spoof of some other movie. I thought it was funny, but what was really fun was figuring out the movie spoofed for some of the more obscure or short spoofs. I think it would be interesting to make a list of where each scene/gag came from in order they appear in the movie.

The list of movies/tv spoofed according to imdb.com (where spoofed)

Also Scary Movie was the working title of Scream.

The Wayans brothers were known for making extremely long movie titles, such as "Don't Be A Menace (to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood."

This movie had a few other names proposed for it, but by the end it was known as "Scary Movie." Other great names which almost made it were "Scream If You Know What I Did Last Halloween," or my favorite, "Last Summer I Screamed Because Halloween Fell On Friday the 13th"

It's a pretty funny movie, as long as you watch it without high expectations. It's about as serious as Dumb and Dumber, but I think it's funnier than Not Another Teen Movie. Speaking of which, I think the latter was inspired by Scary Movie, and how well it did at the Box Office.

Three warnings. First, there was a lot of frontal male nudity, and gross sex scenes. That didn't stop me from nearly passing out from laughing in the theater from one scene. Second, there are a lot of gay jokes, some offensive. Hey, it's Rated R by the MPAA.

The final warning is simple, Don't Watch Scary Movie 2. The first one was funny, despite its grossness. The second one stopped being funny. Throwing a bucket of feces on the audience would have been better, as the whole audience just stopped laughing, until everyone just said "ewwwww" for the last hour.

The DVD Review: (darn, seems they made two)
"Scary Movie", 2000
Running Time 88 Minutes, Rated a solid R.
Special Features are Additional scenes and Behind-the-scenes featurette. You can play with the French audio, and Spanish Subtitles though
Note: in April 2001, they released a newer DVD, with a better case and better features. Interviews with cast and crew, Deleted scenes, Behind-the-scenes featurette, Music videos by The Bloodhound Gang
Technical Features- It's Widescreen. Dolby 5.1 surround sound. Enhanced for 16x9 televisions
DVD-ROM- It has a Windows-only bunch of features, like a Screen saver and character profiles. There is a cool feature where you can read the screenplay while watching the movie. Also, there's "Scary Movie: Guide for the Culturally Challenged"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.