First, I'm not an easily scared person. I'm pretty down to earth and always try to find a logical explanation to strange things. I don't like X-files and stuff like that. I think von Däniken is a madman. However...

...today I was scared. This is why:  When I, as I often do at work, went over to the refrigerator for a bottle of water, I made a strange discovery. I do this not only for the water itself, but also so for the break and the promenade that it brings with it. Never mind. In the refrigerator is a lot of things, mostly food. Other peoples food; lunches, snacks and bottles of soda and water. Today something else ware there too. 4 small glass bottles in a zip-loc plastic bag. I was curious, of course, of what this could be. I examined the tiny label on one of the bottles, and it read:

Cholera vaccine

Cholera is an acute infectious disease of the small intestine, caused by the bacterium Vibrio cholerae and characterized by profuse watery diarrhea, vomiting, muscle cramps, severe dehydration, and depletion of electrolytes.

I have yet to see any of these signs of cholera in any of my co-workers, but it does make me a little worried. I work at a software company, so cholera vaccine is not a natural part of our environment. Is someone walking around spreading cholera to everyone ? Is someone secretly vomiting and cramping in the restrooms? I'm becoming a spy now...examining all my co-workers for the least sign that they're the one. I cannot openly ask everyone, revealing that I'm sneaking around in the refrigerator. This is not good. Oh man, I think I need to go home now. I don't feel well at all.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.