SCIENCE:
The study of things, using rational thought, investigation and experiment. Amazing things.

This February, Everything2 invites you to explain all about what things are and how they work. We want to read what you have to tell us about physics, chemistry, biology, ecology - every branch of the natural sciences. Tell us, too, of the ways that science touches and is touched by mathematics, technology, computer science, social science. Bring us nuggets of scientific wisdom, tell us true science stories, show us how it all fits together. Astound us! Intrigue us.

Submissions are open throughout the month of February. Contact the quest adjudicators IWhoSawTheFace and Oolong with submissions and questions, or join the e2science group and let us all know about it. Participants will receive 50 GP for each submission, with 500 extra for the writer who has received the most C!s of approval by the end of the month.

ScienceQuest 2012 saw 50 writeups from 19 writers, and we highly commend it as a source of inspiration - see also the writing and writers collected on the e2science group page, and note that many of the soft links at the bottom of this page point to science topics crying out for better coverage. Assume that your audience is intelligent, but may not know the first thing about your chosen subject. Don't be afraid to tackle big subjects - but remember that we relish the snippets, too, and they are far easier to pin down.

All entries will be listed below and in the Science Quest 2013 category.

Quaestors

  1. borgo
    1. Transparent soil, Feb. 2, 2013
    2. fracking, Feb. 12, 2013
    3. Imposter syndrome, Feb. 14, 2013
  2. decoy hunches
    1. breast milk, Feb. 5, 2013
    2. superhydrophobic, Feb. 8, 2013
  3. DrownZSurf
    1. Raffinose, Feb. 3, 2013
  4. Glowing Fish
    1. Nanogram, Feb. 7, 2013
    2. Copper, Feb. 9, 2013
  5. doyle
    1. water from fire, Feb. 9, 2013
    2. weight loss, Feb. 9, 2013
  6. milkfish
    1. Buffy coat, Feb. 22, 2013
  7. Pandeism Fish
    1. On the color of mirrors and lizards and leaves and our Universe, Feb. 23, 2013

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.