Scotcheroos are made from peanut butter and Rice Krispies and are therefore quite suitable for breakfast.

or, alternately, for college students and others with limited pantry space

And for the icing,

In the biggest pot you've got, mix sugar, peanut butter and corn syrup over medium heat until melted and almost boiling.

Add Rice Krispies and mix. This is when you'll be glad you picked the bigger pot. When mixed a thoroughly as possible, dump onto a greased cookie sheet.

Knead a little until evenly mixed. Form into a boring flat rectangle 3 to 6 centimeters thick. Better yet, form into interesting two-dimensional shapes: hearts for Valentine's Day, a few letters, anything you've seen as a fancy cake shape.

Let cool.

Melt the chips together, mix well and ice your shape, including the sides. If you want to be extra fancy, save out some of the butterscotch chips, melt them separately, and pipe onto the iced Scotcheroos as decoration and/or lettering.

Let cool and transfer to something else, as you've made a terrible mess of your cookie sheet. The transfer should be easy, as the resulting stuff holds together quite well, once cool.

Cut off large slabs and eat. Do not share.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.