Scott Hall began wrestling in 1984, competing in small independent promotions. He briefly entered the NWA before moving to the AWA in 1985. He won his first major title of note there, winning the AWA World Tag Team Titles with Curt Hennig.

He moved around various leagues without much success until 1991, when he signed with World Championship Wrestling. He became known as "The Diamond Studd" and was managed by Diamond Dallas Page. The most "famous" thing he did in his WCW stay was competing in the notorious Chamber of Horrors match at Holloween Havoc '91. The character never really caught on, and in May 1992 he quit WCW and signed with the World Wrestling Federation.

For the WWF, Hall abandoned the Studd gimmick and became known as "Razor Ramon", AKA "Da Bad Guy". He was the stereotypical Cuban hoodlum--greased hair, toothpick, fake Cuban accent. He immediately became one of the most hated heels in the promotion and soon began climbing up the ranks--an early pairing with wrestling legend Ric Flair certainly didn't hurt the cause. His first title shot came at Royal Rumble '93, when he faced Bret Hart. He didn't win the match, but he was now permanently established as a contender.

He soon became friends with Shawn Michaels. When Hall called in a favor to get Kevin Nash hired by the WWF, the three of them comprised the core of the infamous Clique.

One of the more memorable moments in Hall's WWF tenure was his embarassing defeat to "The Kid" (Sean Waltman, currently known as X-Pac) on an episode of  WWF Raw. The Kid had been portrayed as a jobber for his first few weeks in the federation, and so when he pulled out the shocking upset it made Waltman an instant hit. This would eventually lead to Razor turning babyface, as he developed "mutual respect" with Waltman, leading to their friendship. (Waltman would also become a member of The Clique).

The other memorable moment of Hall's stay was his historic Ladder Match with Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania X for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Razor won the match to retain the IC belt in what most consider to be one of the greatest wrestling matches of all-time.

Hall would win the Intercontinental title a total of four times, but never became WWF Champion--that role was taken up for much of his stay by Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash (as Diesel). He failed two drug tests in early 1996, at which time he was notified by the WWF that he'd be fired if he didn't clean up his act. He was offered a bigger salary by WCW, so he gave his 90-day notice and left the company.

On May 27, 1996, during the first two-hour taping of WCW Monday Nitro, Hall came through the crowd and declared that "we are taking over WCW." The next week on Nitro, Hall appeared with Kevin Nash (who had also recently left the WWF) and said much the same thing. They claimed to be able to beat anyone in WCW, and the two of them were challenged by Sting, Lex Luger, and Randy Savage to a six-man tag match at Bash at the Beach '96. Hall and Nash claimed their third partner would be revealed later.

The match arrived soon enough, and who showed up but Hulk Hogan, turning heel for the first time since 1982 and joining Hall and Nash (known together as The Outsiders) in forming the New World Order. Both Hall and Nash would go on to great popularity as a result of this angle, although he and Nash were forced to take somewhat of a backseat to Hogan. The Outsiders would win the WCW Tag Team Titles on numerous occasions, winning them for the first time from Harlem Heat at Halloween Havoc '96 and holding onto them for over a year (and for the better part of the next eighteen months in total).

His drug problems resurfaced several times over the next few years, as he took a leave of absence in 1998 to deal with his out-of-ring issues. He became a parody of himself upon returning, pretending to be drunk and stumbling all over the ring. This didn't last long, thank god.

Hall won his first WCW singles title at SuperBrawl IX in early 1999 when he defeated Rowdy Roddy Piper to win the WCW United States Title. Later that evening, however, a WCW staff member accidentally ran over Hall's foot with their automobile and Hall was forced to vacate the title.

Seven months later, in October '99, Hall returned to WCW and reunited with Kevin Nash. He would go on to win the US Title and the TV title at different points over the next few months. In February 2000, nagging injuries finally caught up with Hall and he went under the knife for back surgery. He was released from WCW in October of 2000.

He made several guest appearances in Extreme Championship Wrestling in late 2000, but never formally joined that organization. After wrestling sporadically on the independent circuit for some time, he was signed to a contract in early 2002 with the WWF to help revive the nWo angle.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.