The third installment of the Scream trilogy. Directed by Wes Craven. Written by Ehren Kruger based on the characters written by Kevin Williamson in Scream and Scream 2. Players: Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, David Arquette, Patrick Dempsey, Scott Foley, Lance Henriksen, Jenny McCarthy, Parker Posey, Emily Mortimer, Leiv Schreiber, Jamie Kennedy, Carrie Fisher, Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes, and more.

Rules of a trilogy: Chapter one sets the rules. Chapter two bends the rules. But in the finale...forget the rules.
Welcome to the final act.

The actors of Stab III are getting killed off. Cotton (Leiv Schreiber) is the first victum, who was making an appearance as himself in Stab III. The LAPD starts digging into the past. Gale (Courteney Cox) is asked by the police to help in the investigations. Dewey (David Arquette) comes out to L.A. Somebody broke into the Woodsborro police department soon after they got a call requesting to see the file on Sidney Prescott from somebody claiming to be with the Stab III. Dewey suspects the events are linked and someone may be trying to lure Sidney out. Sidney (Neve Campbell) has been in hiding, haunted by nightmares of her dead mother. But who is making the script of Stab III a reality and why?

Trivia: Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes make a cameo appearance as Jay & Silent Bob touring the Sunset Studios. They mistake Gale Weathers for Connie Chung.

I thought this movie was better than Scream 2 independently, and I liked, but I don't know if it quite lived up to its role as the final chapter. It definitely had a plot worthy of it, but I felt it needed something more. I didn't want to see all the major characters die, but I think it would have been more fitting of a final chapter if only one had survived. Other than that it was a pretty good movie. I'll give it 3.5/4.0.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.