Security-Related Services
(From the NSA Handbook)

In addition to Office of Security resources, there are a number of professional, security-related services available for assistance in answering your questions or providing the services which you require.

The Installations and Logistics Organization (L) maintains the system for the collection and destruction of classified waste, and is also responsible for the movement and scheduling of material via NSA couriers and the Defense Courier Service (DCS). Additionally, L monitors the proper addressing, marking, and packaging of classified material being transmitted outside of NSA; maintains records pertaining to receipt and transmission of controlled mail; and issues property passes for the removal of unclassified property.

The NSA Office of Medical Services (M7) has a staff of physicians, clinical psychologists and an alcoholism counselor. All are well trained to help individuals help themselves in dealing with their problems. Counseling services, with referrals to private mental health professionals when appropriate, are all available to NSA personnel. Appointments can be obtained by contacting M7 directly. When an individual refers himself/herself, the information discussed in the counseling sessions is regarded as privileged medical information and is retained exclusively in M7 unless it pertains to the national security.

Counselling interviews are conducted by the Office of Civilian Personnel (M3) with any civilian employee regarding both on and off-the-job problems. M3 is also available to assist all personnel with the personal problems seriously affecting themselves or members of their families. In cases of serious physical or emotional illness, injury, hospitalization, or other personal emergencies, M3 informs concerned Agency elements and maintains liaison with family members in order to provide possible assistance. Similar counselling services are available to military assignees through Military Personnel (M2).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.