The power was out for most of the day, thanks to the infamous Hurricane Floyd, so no computer. A huge tree blew down last night--the one with the tire swing--and there was some minor flooding in our front yard, but nothing significant. Greenville got hit much harder than we did.

Also, in my timezone, this was the day we reached 60000 nodes with The 60,000th Node.

September 15, 1999,September 17, 1999

Family in the Carolinas appear to have survived Hurricane Floyd the Barber. None of 'em got the bright idea to go surfing this time.

Cut a finger during guitar exercises, melodic lines with many perfect fourths, my fingers often parallel to the&frets - it's a wonder it's my first such cut. I seem to be able to type OK (see?), but it's awkward. More time to ruin code.

Beck | Ford

Hier | Demain

Was going to go to sleep, soon but then I saw there was another bombing in Moscow, *sigh*, it is really sad and scary, I mean I live in NYC this could be happening here someday, God knows the US pissed enough people off. Went to work only to get kicked out of work because of Floyd. Oh well got the extra sleep I needed.

I also got to catch up on my reading, I've been reading Psychomech. I have searched for that book for months, finally found it by accident in a Waldenbooks just lying there, I tend tobe lucky like that, especially when I am not trying. Well it is a great book and I strongly recommend it to anyone who likes supernatural fiction(e.g. H. P. Lovecraft, Algernon Blackwood, etc.).

News 9/16/99
I had a deep sleep, full of dreams, in the span from last night to this morning for the first time in a long time.

Hopefully I was not the only one.

in our last episode... | p_i-logs | and then, all of a sudden...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.