Tomorrow I fly home.

The trip out was leaving home at 4 am driving, a 5:20 ferry from Bainbridge Island to Seattle, walk up through Seattle to Pioneer Square in the early morning light, the light rail to the airport, plane to Dulles and my ex-step-father-in-law set up a limousine to my destination in Arlington, Virginia. My base was at this friend's house in Arlington and they loaned me a car.

This vacation has been a bit like Richochet Rabbit.

To my son in Hanover, Maryland.
From there down to Covington, Virginia to see my father's two sisters, my uncle, a cousin and his wife and kids.
Back to Arlington. My DC area driving skills are a bit rusty after 16 years in a town of 9000.
Up to Gaithersburg, Maryland, to my ex-parents-in-law.
Back to Arlington. Out to the C&O Canal and a 25 mile bike ride with my host and two friends that I have known for 30 plus years. G's first comment was "Look, her hair has turned white." Heh. Diplomatic, right?
Back to Arlington and my son came down for the day and night.
Up to Gaithersburg for lunch and dinner, now with my son's cousins and my ex-husband's brother and wife who are gathered for the ex-step-father-in-law's 90th birthday. His son and daughter were there as well and then his son's children will arrive for the last day to have the 90th birthday lunch.

And home tomorrow: car, plane, light rail, feet, ferry, car....

Link Light Rail http://m.soundtransit.org/schedules?direction=outbound#40_100479

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.