<-- Fifth Edition | Magic: The Gathering Basic Sets


Keeping with their tradition of periodically cycling the base set for Magic: The Gathering, on April 2, 2001 Wizards of the Coast introduced Seventh Edition. It did not contain any new cards, just reprints from anywhere between the original Limited Edition up to Mercadian Masques. All the cards in the 350 card set were printed with white borders. Cards from this set can be identified by the number "7" where the set logo goes - the number is either in black, for commons, silver for uncommons, or gold, for rares. It also includes randomly-inserted foil cards - a regular card, merely printed with a special shiny foil finish, and a black border.

All of the cards in this set used new artwork, different from any previous incarnation of the card.

One of the big features of Seventh Edition was the return of a number of large, popular creatures that had been cycled out of the main set in the past. The Mahamoti Djinn, Serra Angel, and the ever-popular Shivan Dragon.

Artifact

Black

Blue

Green

Red

White

Land

Removed Cards:

The following cards were removed from the basic set after Classic Sixth Edition.

Artifacts

Black

Blue

Green

Red

White

Land

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.