She's the type of girl who always remembers to say hello. She's the type of girl who always has a witty word. She always has a sly smile and a twinkle in her eye. She bends and breaks the rules and lets you leave work a half hour early, and brings french fries to your desk at lunch. She is full of poise, but is not a prude, and lets a dirty word escape her mouth once or twice. She has a collection of sarcastic coffee cups and she likes to play rough, and you'll feel special when she throws in an unkind word about whats-his-face.

She'll be sitting at a coffee table while the morning sun comes in a picture window, and the sunshine lights the choice tea's steam, and she will have a charming anecdote about each knick-knack on the table, and other meandering tales of her week as she looks disheveled on a Saturday morning. And she might be punk, or she might be domestic, as you scurry out to the park to look at the red and yellow leaves on the ground and she tells you childhood stories of leafpiles and tree houses, and you can imagine it all as she softly laughs.

She is the type of girl who always remembers birthdays and anniversaries. She always remembers your favorite food, that movie you watched together, all your favorite in-jokes. She is always up on what people are binge watching, and she drops in a piece of absurd humor that you think she would be too old for. She moves through a room and in each moment she forms an ephemeral bond with each person, patting them on their arm with just the right touch, and looking in their eye for just the right amount of time. She remembers them, and they remember her, a special friendship made with a lilting laugh, if only for a moment.

She always remembers to write that check for charity, she always remembers dental appointments, she always remembers to see the latest movie, she always remembers to refill the ice cube tray, she always remembers to wear the heels of just the right height, and she always remembers to consider everyone's feelings as she calls out names, one by one, around the table, always remembering to ask how everyone is feeling. She always remembers the proper pronunciation of even the most difficult name.

She's the type of girl who always remembers to bring sandwiches to a lynching.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.