Title: Shippy (aka: Shippy Gold, Shipex)
Developer: Ryan Broomfield
Platforms: PC (DOS; Win9x)

Shippy is a video game created by Ryan Broomfield. Our good Mr. Broomfield says of it, "Shippy combines zany characters with button-mashing action in a fast, furious 3d space environment." The original game Shippy was a vertical shooter similar to games such as Galaga or Space Invaders (except in the case of the latter, the player moves towards, and past, the bad guys).

After the original Shippy was finished, the concept was changed to make the game skill-based, and scrollable on two (rather than one) dimensions. This new shooter game was released as Shippy Gold. With eye candy features such as parallax scrolling, with better AI, and a mini-map for locating enemies and stuff, the game seemed complete.

But now, it's back to the drawing board, as the game moves to 3D, away from its roots with DOS, and actual goals (other than killing everything in sight). Since the new Shippy in development supposedly uses SDL, it's possible that it will be released for Windows, Linux, and Macintosh computers, when it is finished.

For more (and better) information, or to download Shippy, check out the website at <http://www.shippysite.com/>.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.