Happiness is not a thing (though it is a movie) but rather a filter which you decide to apply or not to apply to your perception of life. People with much less than you manage to be happy. People with much more manage to be unhappy. If you think that you fit somewhere logical on that continuum, you are gravely mistaken. Happiness has nothing to do with logic, only with willpower and one's sense of self.

Happiness feels nice. Perhaps meta emotion is a Way to acheive
happiness. Perhaps not. Some people go for Life, Liberty, and the
pursuit of Happiness
. Others go for less governmental ways of being
happy, such as drugs. Others are desperately unhappy. I
apparently fall into this last category (there are many other categories which I have not listed, and a category "Other"). I'm trying to move
myself to the meta emotion Way. It's going to take a while.
I guess I should snap into a Snickers.

According to someone, you should most likely be happy. Or maybe not.

Here are some quotes
from my personal stash
of such nonsense to get
you thinking about your
own happiness:

Happiness is not something you experience, but something you remember.

- Oscar Levant

Few people can be happy unless they hate some person, nation, or creed.

- Bertrand Russell

Happiness is an imaginary condition formerly attributed by the living to the dead, now usually attributed by adults to children, and by children to adults.

- Thomas Szasz

The only really happy folk are married women and single men

- H.L. Mencken

There is something curiously boring about someone else’s happiness.

- Aldous Huxley

Happiness is the perpetual possession of being well deceived.

- Jonathan Swift

Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness.

- George Orwell

Happiness is an agreeable sensation arising from contemplating the misery of others.

- Ambrose Bierce

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.