display | more...

A small building on the Worcester Polytechnic Institute campus, it was built in 1887 as a laboratory for precise electrical and magnetic experiments. It contains no iron and was originally called the Magnetic Lab. Later it was used for high-voltage transformer work, and in 1917 Robert Goddard performed secret experiments inside of it.

In 1921 Skull Tomb became the meeting place of Skull, a secret honor society composed of hand-picked WPI seniors. No one save for members of Skull have entered since, despite repeated failed attempts to break in to the building.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.