Atari 2600 Game
Produced by:Activision
Model Number:AG019
Atari Rarity Guide:2 Common
Year of Release: 1982
This is a very fun airplane racing game for the Atari 2600. You control a yellow airplane from an overhead perspective. Race across the course as fast as you can, dodging obstacles along the way. This is one of the few Atari games that I still think is fun in single player mode, (most Atari games are very fun when you play with your friends).

I wrote the above text four years ago when I first wrote the node for the game "Sky Jinks". I had no idea what I was talking about, as this game is terrible. It is like a super weak dumb version of "Barnstorming" but without any of the things that make that game fun. Do yourself a favor and avoid this cartridge at all costs.

You could get a patch from the Activision Club if you managed to complete the first course in 37 seconds or less. They aren't giving them out anymore, and you wouldn't be caught dead wearing a patch in the first place.

From the instruction manual:
"The key to winning any race is speed. But, in pylon air racing, you'll have
to match your speed with flying skills. That means becoming a good judge of
distance and how soon or late to begin your turns."

Bob Whitehead is the programmer on this title. Most of his games were good, but unfortunately this one was not. Bob was unavailable for comment, but in the past he has blamed this game on other people.

This game is valued at around $2 USD. Games with boxes and manuals are worth more. The uses for this game are many and varied. A copy of Sky Jinks makes a wonderful gag gift, it can be used to prop up wobbly tables, and it can even be thrown as a warning to your enemies. Sky Jinks makes a wonderful chew toy for the family dog, and it even makes a passable doorstop. There are a few things it is not good for, mainly making sandwiches and providing amusement, so avoid this title if you want food or fun.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.