A slab refers to 24 stubbies or cans of beer wrapped in an inviting cardboard exterior. Maybe it is a reference to beer as the foundation of modern Australian society or perhaps due to the rigidity and strength inherent in the packaging of beer in this way. Whatever it is, it's dman tasty, dman good.

skulker = S = slack

slab [Apple]

1. n. A continuous horizontal line of pixels, all with the same color. 2. vi. To paint a slab on an output device. Apple's QuickDraw, like most other professional-level graphics systems, renders polygons and lines not with Bresenham's algorithm, but by calculating `slab points' for each scan line on the screen in succession, and then slabbing in the actual image pixels.

--The Jargon File version 4.3.1, ed. ESR, autonoded by rescdsk.

Slab (?), n. [OE. slabbe, of uncertain origin; perhaps originally meaning, a smooth piece, and akin to slape, Icel. sleipr slippery, and E. slip, v. i.]

1.

A thin piece of anything, especially of marble or other stone, having plane surfaces.

Gwilt.

2.

An outside piece taken from a log or timber in sawing it into boards, planks, etc.

3. Zool.

The wryneck.

[Prov. Eng.]

4. Naut.

The slack part of a sail.

Slab line Naut., a line or small rope by which seamen haul up the foot of the mainsail or foresail.

Totten.

 

© Webster 1913.


Slab, a. [Cf. Gael. & Ir. slaib mud, mire left on a river strand, and E. slop puddle.]

Thick; viscous.

[Obs.]

Make the gruel thick and slab. Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.


Slab, n.

That which is slimy or viscous; moist earth; mud; also, a puddle.

[Obs.]

Evelyn.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.