Of the many uses of Elmer's glue, one is rarely recognized as a traditional function: covering your palm with Elmer's glue. Whether it be your right hand or your left hand, most people will find this a pleasurable experience, reminiscent of early childhood. There is just some primordial urge to tear the glue off once it is dry, simulating dried, peeling skin.

In order to fully enjoy the palming of Elmer's glue, it would be beneficial to study the following steps:

  1. Using a squeezable bottle of Elmer's glue (any size), pour a small to medium size mound on your hand. As hand sizes vary between individuals, each person has a different ideal amount.
  2. Close the nozzle of the tube and use the orange tip as a brush to create a thin coat over your entire palm. Make sure it is not too thick, as drying time will be increased as the layer becomes thicker. Likewise, if it is too thin, structural integrity may be compromised.
  3. Wait for the glue to dry on your palm. Blowing on your palm will help speed this process. This step may take 5-10 minutes.
  4. Experience the feeling of glue covering your palm. It almost feels like a numb hand, as the sensations on the skin of your palm are lessened by the additional layer between your nerve cells and the environment. Touch it. Put an ice cube on it. Go nuts.
  5. Peel the glue off your hand. Try to get it off all as one piece, leaving a handprint impression in the glue. Do what you wish with the glue handprint - I usually just throw it away.

Your hand may feel smoother at this point, although it will have an Elmer's glue scent to it. This indicates residual glue. Wash your hands before you eat again, even though Elmer's glue is "safe and nontoxic."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.