The thick, cheese-like substance that is secreted from the mucous membrane covered by the foreskin in uncircumcised men. This membrane appears as lighter skin between the circumcision scar and glans penis in curcumcised men, long since rendered inoperable by the good ol' doc's buck knife all those years ago.


Side note: In my region (Dallas, TX), I have often heard smegma being referred to as duck butter. I'm not sure whether this is a hick phrase or simply part of the local vernacular.

So far, all the references to smegma on e2 have referred to matter between the glans penis and the foreskin. This implies that it is a phenomenon belonging solely to the male. Not so. Females also have this stuff. There is a crease situated to the outside of the vaginal lips in which it occurs. Smegma can also occur between the clitoris and the hood. It's fairly easy to keep clean of smegma with the use of a daily shower or bath.

Smeg"ma (?), n. [NL., fr. Gr. soap, fr. to wash off.] Physiol.

The matter secreted by any of the sebaceous glands.

Specifically: (a)

The soapy substance covering the skin of newborn infants

. (b)

The cheesy, sebaceous matter which collects between the glans penis and the foreskin.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.