Transforms from race car to robot and back!

AUTOBOT: SMOKESCREEN

FUNCTION: DIVERSIONARY TACTICIAN
"A look can be deceiving; a touch can be lethal."

Whether engaged in raging battle or friendly conversation, an ulterior purpose usually exists. Job is to lead enemy astray. Sneaky, but charming and affable...considered most devious yet most trusted of Autobots. In car mode, emits thick smoke from tailpipe...attracts to metal. In robot mode, shoots missiles which wreak havoc on enemy aircraft radar and guidance systems...electro-disruptor rifle shorts out electrical targets.

  • Strength: 4
  • Intelligence: 9
  • Speed: 7
  • Endurance: 6
  • Rank: 6
  • Courage: 8
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 9
Transformers Tech Specs


Despite being nearly identical to Prowl and Bluestreak -- all three Autobot cars were modelled after the 1978 Datsun 280ZX -- Smokescreen, like Wheeljack and Jazz, was actually modelled after a very specific car: a 1979 racer built by Electramotive and driver Don Devendorf. According to http://www.geocities.com/kidk0rrupt/datsun/datsun.htm, it won eight International Motor Sports Association races in two years, earning it the admiration of some racing fan at Takara. The paint job was faithfully reproduced, except for the racing number being changed from 83 to 38.

Smokescreen enjoyed a fair amount of use in the cartoon, although it was usually just to drive in circles around some Decepticons and make it hard for them to see. He reminded me of K.I.T.T. that way, come to think of it.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.