Atari 2600 Game
Produced by:Coleco
Model#:2464
Rarity:8 Very Rare+
Harmony Smurf™, Greedy Smurf™ and Handy Smurf™! help you to have fun while learning about musical notes, colors, shapes and sizes!

This was the first of the 2 Smurf games for the Atari 2600. The second Smurfs: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle was much much better. This was an "educational" title, and we all know how "great" most of those usually are.

Smurfs Save the Day was an experiment in new gaming technology, (the new technology was called the KidVid controller). It had not only a cartridge, but also 3 audio cassettes and a tape player. The games action is more focused around the tape player than anything else. (insert tape 2, turn tape over, etc etc etc).

The tapes did not just add nifty sounds to the games. They were a required element. They actually connected to the cartridge via a cable. The game will not play without them.

This game was a huge failure for Coleco. It sold very poorly because of its high price, (due to the KidVid controller packed in with the game). Coleco only made one other KidVid game and that was Berenstain Bears, (it did not come with a controller, so you had to have bought the Smurfs game first).

I cannot recommend this game to anyone. If you want to play a Smurf game try Smurfs: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle it is much better.

This game is worth around $100 USD. (This game complete with tapes and KidVid controller is worth about $300). Games with boxes and manuals are worth more.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.