snapdragons are *cool*. they were, for me, my brother, and our friends, the source of many hours of childhood amusement.

See, if you pick these flowers, and squeeze them at that point where the bottom "cup" meets the petals that flare off, they open and close and it looks like the "dragon" is opening and closing its mouth, or breathing fire (if the stamens inside are long enough they protrude).

Caution: may lead to flights of fantasy.

Transforms from jet to dinosaur to robot and back!

DECEPTICON: SNAPDRAGON

FUNCTION: INTERCEPTOR
"If it doesn't get you dirty, it's not worth doing."

Wading up to his neck in grease is his idea of a good time. Lazy, difficult to motivate, but has a hair-trigger temper. Binary bonded to Krunk, the vicious, vile bodyguard to the Nebulan leader, Lord Zarak. In jet mode, maximum speed 8800 mph...has 2 independent booster fins. In reptile mode, carbon-steel claws and teeth can cut through almost anything. Has 2 balance destroying gyro-guns in robot mode.

  • Strength: 10
  • Intelligence: 9
  • Speed: 9
  • Endurance: 8
  • Rank: 6
  • Courage: 7
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 7
Transformers Tech Specs


A stunning example of how not to create a Headmaster Triple Changer, Snapdragon turned from a funny-looking jet to a funny-looking Tyrannosaurus Rex to a funny-looking robot with a pointy helmet. Why anybody would want the toy was frankly beyond me, although it was satisfying in a Wesley Crusher sort of way to watch him chew on Daniel and spit him back out during the first episode of "Rebirth".

Snap"drag`on (?), n.

1. Bot. (a)

Any plant of the scrrophulariaceous genus Antirrhinum, especially the cultivated A. majus, whose showy flowers are fancifully likened to the face of a dragon.

(b)

A West Indian herb (Ruellia tuberosa) with curiously shaped blue flowers.

2.

A play in which raisins are snatched from a vessel containing burning brandy, and eaten; also, that which is so eaten. See Flapdragon.

Swift.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.