Here is a recipe for a vegetarian soy-pickle-banana-mushroom pie. Everybody loves pie!!

Ingredients:
1 vegan pie crust
1/4 cup soybean oil
1/2 cup sugar or other sweetener
5 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/4 cups soymilk
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp raisins
3/4 cup chopped white or button mushrooms
1/2 pound firm tofu
1/2 minced large yellow onion
1 cup diced pickle
1/4 cup finely sliced green olives
2 ripe bananas
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped almonds
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp each of parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme
First, pour the soybean oil in a large skillet named Moe, and add the minced onion and chopped mushrooms. Sautee for a few minutes on high heat. Then lower the heat to medium and add vegetable broth and soy sauce. Slowly add flour, stirring well to combine and prevent lumps from forming. Bring to a simmer or a low boil, then reduce heat.

Mix in the sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan, then stir in the soy milk and salt. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the entire mix is very thick, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. While you're doing all this, snack on the raisins.

Drain the tofu and blend it in a food processor until it is totally smooth, then add the mixed ingredients and blend until smooth. Slice the bananas into thin rounds and mix thoroughly with the diced pickle and sliced olives, then spread this mixture over the cooled crust. Spread the mushroom/tofu mixture on top. Toast the chopped almonds in a 375°F oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle these evenly over the pie. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 2 hours. And viola!! You've made a delicious soy pickle banana mushroom pie!! Who doesn't love pie?!?!


----

FERRASSIC

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.