A cereal made by Kellogg's

Crispy rice and wheat flakes with slices of real strawberries. It has a shelf life of 12 months. It has wheat and milk, so beware if you have allergies.

It's certified as Kosher Dairy, by the Rabbinical Council of New England under the Orthodox Supervision of Vadd Harabonim. The council is located at 177 Tremont Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02111. Telephone number: (617)-426-2139.

Ingredients, from SpecialK.com:
Rice, sugar, whole grain wheat, wheat gluten, freeze-dried strawberries, defatted wheat germ, nonfat dry milk, high fructose corn syrup, salt, wheat flour, malt flavoring, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), alpha tocopherol acetate (vitamin E), reduced iron, niacinamide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamin hydrochloride (vitamin B1), vitamin A palmitate, folic acid and vitamin B12.

Kelloggs.com makes the claim that Special K can cause you to lose weight. Here are their purported facts:

A recent study at a leading university published in The Journal of the American College of Nutrition shows you could lose up to 6 pounds in two weeks by eating Special K® cereal.

Researchers thoroughly tested this diet and it works.

A Proven way to lose up to SIX POUNDS by eating Special K® cereal.

A way to limit fat and calorie intake for two weeks.

Cereal is a healthy food - People who eat cereal regularly have lower fat intakes than people who do not.

Special K® and Special K® Red Berries ? a fat free, excellent source of 11 vitamins and minerals - and only 110 calories per serving.

Also a slang term for Ketamine.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.