The psycho-active component in marijuana, THC, is an oil-based substance. So if we're going to use it in our cooking we have to find a way to dissolve it. The best way to go about it is to use some kind of oil or fat. In this recipe we are going to use butter as a solvent.

You'll need the following:

  • A certain amount of pot,grass or marijuana (how much you want to use is up to you, i'd start with 6 grams)
  • A large cooking pot with water
  • Plenty of butter (500 grams or so)
Preperation:
Bring the water to a boil and throw in the herbs. Leave it boiling for about half an hour, untill you see an oil-like substance floating on the surface, this is the suff you want!(THC). Turn down the heat untill water stops boiling. Put in some butter, you can see the butter turn darker as the THC dissolves. Add butter until the coloration stops. Turn off the heat, and leave the pot to cool down. When the water is cool enough you can scoop the butter off the water and voila there is your Spiced Butter.

Spiced Butter can be used as a basic ingredient in your psychedelic cooking, or you can add some garlic and herbs to make herbal butter spread.


Back to index of High Cuisine

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.