Dont balk at the wine! It, if of mild flavour, will add little to the final dish. It is a necessary ingredient to ensure that the cheese melts properly.

I served this last night to my boyfriend, my sister, and her husband. We had a blast. We ate a lot. We all participated in the meal, and it was excellent an excellent time.

INGREDIENTS WHAT TO DO WITH THEM
  1. Add the white wine to a fondue pot and bring it to a boil (serve the rest to your guests if the wine is suitable and chilled).
  2. While waiting for the wine to boil, mix the cheeses and flour together in a bowl, tossing them together lightly.
  3. In a blender, add the chopped green onions, tomatoes, jalapenos and garlic to make a blender-style salsa (this can be done before-hand to let the flavours mingle or, if you're lazy, you can use a store-bought salsa).
  4. Once the wine is boiling, add the cheese/flour mixture gradually, stirring constantly.
  5. Turn the flame down and add the salsa.
  6. Add ground black pepper to taste.
  7. Stir well and continuously until you and your guests are ready to eat, about 10 minutes.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS
  • Serve this with a plate of chopped vegetables such as carrots, celery, broccoli, and cauliflower.
  • Buy a crusty sourdough loaf of bread and chop it into squares.
  • For a simpler dipper, get plain-old tortilla chips and enjoy.
  • To keep the fondue texture creamy and dippable, be sure to swish your dippers around in the gooey goodness.
It's delish!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.