Atari 2600 Game
Produced by: Data Age
Model Number: DA1003
Rarity: 4 Scarce+
Year of Release: 1982
Programmer: Uncredited

Shoot down dinosaurs from your secure fortress, while avoiding the deadly snakes that slither in through the windows. Its Sssnake for the Atari 2600.

This has been the worst commercial game I have played so far. You play a dot inside a square. You movement is limited to a small unmarked area near the inside wall of that square. The world outside the sqare is populated with a whole grid of smaller squares. The object of the game is to shoot the animals that float by outside your square. But instead you will just end up getting eaten by the snakes, which are almost unavoidable.

From the manual

You are a daring big game hunter on an expedition into the heart of the Amazon's legendary lost world. But you find that the game being hunted is you -- by Pterodactyls, Trachodons, and other prehistoric creatures. Luckily you find refuge in an ancient abandoned fortress, where you're protected from the jungle outside. Or are you . . . . .

Your objective is to score as many points as possible by shooting the prehistoric creatures that prowl outside the ancient fortress walls. But at the same time you must avoid contact with the deadly snakes that can slither in and out of your jungle hiding place.

Collectors Information

This game is valued at around $6 USD (price current as of September 2001). As always, games with boxes and manuals are worth more.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.