Stanley Climbfall - released on September 17, 2002 by Dreamworks Records is the second album by a kickass band, Lifehouse. Lifehouse consists of Jason Wade (singer/guitarist), Sergio Andrade (bassist), Rick Woolstenhulme (drummer) and Sean Woolstenhulme (guitarist). Sean is a fairly recent addition to the band, and is Rick's brother. Personally I think he gives the band an absolutely amazing sound, which can be heard at its best in the Sessions@AOL acoustic set the guys recorded. If you can find this acoustic version then you should, because it truly rocks!

Stanley Climbfall is a great album, and follows up No Name Face beautifully. Although their sound has evolved a little bit, it is definitely still Lifehouse, and it definitely sounds wonderful. In this album they have created more of a raw sound which is very acoustic-y and beautiful. The lyrics are as deep as ever if you stop to think about them, and the whole experience of the album is quite calming and cheering. Their sound has really taken a cool new direction and Jason Wade's vocals have never been more powerful or passionate. My only complaint is that Rick didn't drum on four of the songs. Apparently the producer didn't like the way he was drumming, so they used a session drummer on the tracks Just Another Name, Take Me Away, Empty Space and The Beginning. Now what's a band to do without their drummer? For that, I'm disappointed, but otherwise, it is one of my favourite CDs!

Track listing:

  1. Spin
  2. Wash
  3. Anchor
  4. Sky is Falling
  5. Am I Ever Gonna Find Out
  6. Stanley Climbfall
  7. Out Of Breath
  8. Just Another Name
  9. Take Me Away
  10. My Precious
  11. Empty Space
  12. The Beginning
  13. How Long (bonus track)
  14. Sky is Falling (acoustic bonus version)

Mmm.. rock music.. :)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.