Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi is a 32-bit fighting game, done in the same style as Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter, except it is set in the Star Wars universe. It was released by LucasArts in North America in November, 1997, and then in Europe in 1998. Later, Bullet Proof Software released it in Japan. According to the box:

The story revolves around the mysterious Arden Lyn, a master of the ancient art of teräs käsi, as she leads a group of the most feared champions of the Galactic Empire to eliminate the leaders of the Rebel Alliance. Join Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Boba Fett, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, plus a few surprise characters in a Star Wars environment like you've never experienced.

Playable characters include:
Arden Lyn, Teräs Käsi Master
Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter
Luke Skywalker, Young Jedi
Han Solo, Pilot and Smuggler
Leia Organa, Princess
Chewbacca, Wookiee
Thok, Gamorrean Warrior
Hoar, Tusken Raider

There are also a few hidden characters:
Stormtrooper
Darth Vader, Sith Lord
Mara Jade, Young Jedi
Jodo Kast

Like most fighting games, you have both a life bar, and a special power bar. There are 4 segments in the power bar, and when it is full it allows your character to do his/her most powerful attacks. These are usualy untargeted attacks that will hit your opponent anywhere on the screen, and pack quite a wallop.

Overall the game is great for one or two afternoons with some friends, but it will get boring fast and doesn't have a lot of replay value. It's more entertaining to play against your friends than the computer, especially if you use some of the secret codes and hidden characters.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.