One of the greatest artists of our time. Stephen Fain Earle was born Ft. Monroe, Virginia on January 17, 1955.

One of the best places on the net to get information on Steve Earle is http://www.steveearle.net.

Short Discography
The full discography can be found on the above site.


Guitar Town.......................1986 Early Tracks......................1987 Exit 0............................1987 Copperhead Road...................1988 The Hard Way......................1990 Shut Up and Die Like an Aviator...1991 BBC Radio 1 Live In Concert.......1992 Train A Comin'....................1995 I Feel Alright....................1996 El Corazón........................1997 The Mountain......................1999 Transcendental Blues..............2000 Jerusalem.........................2002 Just An American Boy 2003.........2003 The Revolution Starts..Now........2004


Noded Lyrics
Fearless Heart
Guitar Town
Copperhead Road

Let me know if you've noded and of his song lyrics and i'll put them in here.
Steve Earle is, if not the most important country musician right now, he is definitely the most thoughtful. His lyrics reflect his tangled past of heroin addiction, prison time and five marriages.

He at one point in the late eighties was the golden child of Nashville, but refusing to stay in the country genre, he released the much more rock oriented Copperhead Road, which many people in country music considered a giant fuck you, because some were hoping he would bring rock and country closer together.

He also has claimed to be a marxist on occasion, and his lyrics sometimes back up that claim. As far as marxist musicians go he's a welcome alternative to moronic music of Rage Against the Machine.

His latest release Transcendental Blues is a blend of the populist rock of 1997's El Corazon and the blue grass of 1999's The Mountain. He also is teaching songwriting in Chicago and has kicked his heroin habit. I saw him this past summer at the Pittsburgh Blues Festival and would suggest that you see him play if he is in your area.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.