Story Musgrave was born on August 19, 1935, in Boston, Mass. Although he was born in Boston, he moved when he was young, and considers Lexington, Kentucky to be his hometown.

Story went to high school at St. Mark's School, in Southborough, Mass. He received his BS in Mathematics and Statistics from Syracuse University in 1958. In '59, he recieved his MBA in operations analysis and computer programming from University of California. Degrees that followed were a BA in Chemistry in '60, a doctorate in Medicine in '64, a MS in Physiology and Biophysics in '66 and a MA in Literature in '87.

Notable groups that Dr. Musgrave belongs to include, but are not limited to:

Story Musgrave earned a National Defense Service Medal and an Outstanding Unit Citation as a member of the United States Marine Corps, has a Post-Doctorate Fellowship from the Army, one from the National Heart Institute. He has also earned multiple Exceptional Service medals, a Distinguished Service medal from Nasa, and many, many, space flight awards.

Musgrave entered the service as an Electronics and Instruments technician, and moved up to Aircraft Crew Chief at a later point while in service abroad.

During 1958, after his time in the Marine Corps, Dr. Musgrave began working as a mathematician and operations analyst at the Eastman Kodak Company.

His active work includes many, many years of work at various hospitals, under the many different disciplines of Medicine and Physiology, Cardiovascular and Exercise Physiology, Physiology and Biophysics.

Dr. Musgrave has flown on the ST-6, STS-51F, STS-33, STS-44, STS-61 and STS-80.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.