College football bowl game in New Orleans, Louisiana, at the Louisiana Superdome. Held sometime around New Year's Day each year. Once, this bowl was primarily for the SEC champion (back then, read:Alabama) and whoever that team's coach (read: Bear Bryant) wanted to beat.

Of late, the Sugar Bowl has been sponsored by Nokia and joined the Bowl Championship Series/Alliance. Florida State has been involved in both BCS/Alliance national championship games played here, losing to Florida in 1997 and beating Virginia Tech in 2000. When not hosting the national championship game, under BCS rules the Sugar Bowl is automatically assigned the SEC champion, as long as that team is not playing in the NC game.

A bowl used to keep sugar in, especially when serving at the dinner table.

This is also one of the best places around Lake Tahoe in California to snowboard (or ski if you are so inclined). It is found a few miles south of i-80 at the 'real' Donner Pass (the one 80 goes through is a little bit higher, but a shorter route.) Sugar Bowl is known for getting really nice powder in the form of soft, dry, grainy snow that looks a bit like sugar, thus the name. The highest elevations here are above 8200 feet and the resort is situated in an area that gets lots of snow and is easy to access from the highway. You should always remember to have tire chains with you if you are heading up highway 80, or anywhere else in the Sierras.

Lift tickets usually run around 45 dollars.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.