Surah 87 The Most High - Al-A'la, 19 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- Glorify the name of thy Guardian-Lord Most High,
- Who hath created, and further, given order and
- Who hath ordained laws. And granted guidance;
- And Who bringeth out the (green and luscious)
- And then doth make it (but) swarthy stubble.
- By degrees shall We teach thee to declare (the
Message), so thou shalt not forget,
- Except as God wills: For He knoweth what is
manifest and what is hidden.
- And We will make it easy for thee (to follow) the
- Therefore give admonition in case the admonition
profits (the hearer).
- The admonition will be received by those who fear
- But it will be avoided by those most unfortunate
- Who will enter the Great Fire,
- In which they will then neither die nor live.
- But those will prosper who purify themselves,
- And glorify the name of their Guardian-Lord, and
(lift their hearts) in prayer.
- Day (behold), ye prefer the life of this world;
- But the Hereafter is better and more enduring.
- And this is in the Books of the earliest
- The Books of Abraham and Moses.
Surah 86 The Morning Star
Surah 87 The Most High
Surah 88 The Overwhelming