This is a very easy recipe that I created earlier today.

Basicly I was looking through my fridge wondering what to have for lunch. I was kind of in a mood for Oriental/Chinese food. In my fridge I found the remains of a roast chicken and half a pot of spicy salsa. Knowing that I always have some basics like egg noodles lying around I decided to simply chuck them all together, thus creating "Sweet and Spicy Chicken Noodles".

Ingredients

  • Some chicken breast, cooked or uncooked
  • Some Spicy Salsa
  • A Packet of Noodles
  • A tablespoon of brown sugar (it tastes different to white)
  • Oil, I go for Olive Oil personally, but I'm a snob *g*
  • Soy Sauce
  • Chinese Five Spice
  • Salt, Pepper etc.

Instructions

(Optional) If you are using uncooked chicken then you need to cut it up and cook it about now. I'd cube it and pan fry it for about 5 mins.

To start, boil up the water for the noodles. Salt the water and put the noodles in to cook.

Heat up the oil in a large frying pan, use about double the oil that you normally would to fry an egg. Put the heat on high. (If you've just pan fried the chicken you can ignore both this and the next step)

Whilst the oil is heating up cut up the chicken into bit sized pieces.

When the oil is hot put a bit of Chinese Five Spice in to it, then add the chicken. Watch out for boiling oil going flying at you, it hurts.

When the chicken is nearly done you need to add a tablespoon of brown sugar. From this point untill you add the salsa don't stop stirring or the sugar will burn and it will be really ugly.

Keep stiring the chicken around untill it looks hot and cooked, going slightly brown. Then tip the salsa into the frying pan.

Once the salsa is bubbling slightly you know its time to turn the heat down. Turn it to just a touch above your stove's 'low' setting.

Add salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste.

When the noodles are done, drain them and add them to the frying pan.

Stir everything togeather on a medium heat untill the salsa and chicken is fairly well distributed through the noodles.

Serve hot and eat up!

This was supprisingly tasty and a great way to get rid of leftovers.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.