Posted this Sweetmorn, the 61st day of Chaos in the YOLD 3190


Discordian Sunday. Or Monday. Or both. Or not. Fnord.


"If Sweetmorn could mourn sweets,
how many sweets could Sweetmorn mourn if Sweetmorn could mourn sweets?
#koan
-- Apostle Sri Syadasti or Apostle St. Gulik, Omnia Discordia


Initial day in the Discordian calendar, where time is true and false and meaningless. 'Twas created, in some sense, by some followers of Eris and observed by others since, sensibly or not.

Sweetmorn is first among the days of the Discordian week and is associated with the apostle Sri Syadasti or apostle St. Gulik (or vice versa); the letters a, c, d, i, k, r, s, t, v, and y00001; the number 1; all 5 senses; and such foods as breakfast pastries and fudge. Having a three-day work week (Boomtime, Pungenday, & Prickle-Prickle), and a two-day weekend (Sweetmorn & Setting Orange),00002, gives Discordianism a perspective on timekeeping that is true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense, amongst other things.

Hail Eris, all hail Discordia, Goddess of the Days!

00001But never g, u, or l.
00002Although there is some well-founded debate and discussion between several cabals as to which are weekdays and which are weekends, not to mention the whole work thing. Senseless really.

Omnia Discordia

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.