Transforms from truck to robot and back!

AUTOBOT: SWERVE

FUNCTION: METALLURGIST
"Molecular structure is the window to understanding."

If Autobots had driver's licenses, his would have be revoked. A menace on highways. Doesn't pay attention to where he's going or the orders he's being given--easily distracted by anything. Hands' sensors can determine physical and chemical properties of metals. Goes 120 mph, range 500 miles in car mode. Gets into lots of accidents.

  • Strength: 6
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Speed: 6
  • Endurance: 8
  • Rank: 5
  • Courage: 6
  • Firepower: 1
  • Skill: 7
Transformers Tech Specs


A red and white clone of Gears with a boxier look and a real face on the robot, Swerve was the most improved member of the third-year minibot lineup. Like most of his contemporaries, though, he never got much screen time ("Five Faces of Darkness - Part 5" is the only episode I can recall him in, and that was barely a cameo) since there were a wealth of gestalts who had to be introduced that same year who could be sold for more money.

Swerve (?), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Swerved (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Swerving.] [OE. swerven, AS. sweorfan to wipe off, to file, to polish; akin to OFries. swerva to creep, D. zwerven to swerve, to rope, OS. swerban to wipe off, MHG. swerben to be whirled, OHG. swerban to wipe off, Icel. sverfa to file, Goth. swa�xa1;rban (in comp.) to wipe, and perhaps to E. swarm. Cf. Swarm.]

1.

To stray; to wander; to rope.

[Obs.]

A maid thitherward did run, To catch her sparrow which from her did swerve. Sir P. Sidney.

2.

To go out of a straight line; to deflect.

"The point [of the sword] swerved."

Sir P. Sidney.

3.

To wander from any line prescribed, or from a rule or duty; to depart from what is established by law, duty, custom, or the like; to deviate.

I swerve not from thy commandments. Bk. of Com. Prayer.

They swerve from the strict letter of the law. Clarendon.

Many who, through the contagion of evil example, swerve exceedingly from the rules of their holy religion. Atterbury.

4.

To bend; to incline.

"The battle swerved."

Milton.

5.

To climb or move upward by winding or turning.

The tree was high; Yet nimbly up from bough to bough I swerved. Dryden.

 

© Webster 1913.


Swerve, v. t.

To turn aside.

Gauden.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.