Pronounced TEEL-k.

From the sci-fi television series Stargate SG-1, Teal'c is a Jaffa warrior who rebelled against the Goa'uld System Lords and joined the SG-1 team in episode #101, Children of the Gods. Formerly Apophis' First Prime (kind of like a "first lieutenant"), Teal'c is a Shol'va (traitor), hunted by the Goa'uld for betraying the System Lords.

Like all Jaffa, Teal'c carries within him a Goa'uld symbiote, an alien larva that gives him semi-perfect health and an extended life. Teal'c was 101 years old as of episode 418, The Light.

According to episode 303, Fair Game, Teal'c comes from a long line of Jaffa warriors. His father was First Prime to a System Lord named Chronos. Unhappy with his performance, Chronos eventually killed Teal'c's father and forced Teal'c and his mother into exile. Teal'c would later seek to become a Jaffa in Apophis' army, since Apophis and Chronos were sworn enemies.

Teal'c spent most of his life on the planet Chulak, where he rose through the ranks to eventually serve as Apophis' First Prime, a position of power that afforded him a unique vantage point from which to witness the evils of the Goa'uld.

Teal’c stayed with Apophis for some time, until he met the SG-1 team on Chulak and helped them and a group of slaves from Abydos escape through the Chaapa'ai (aka Stargate), forever branding himself a traitor in the eyes of the Goa'uld.

Teal'c has a son, Rya'c, who fights among the Jaffa rebels (with the Tok'ra and the Tauri) against the Goa'uld System Lords. His wife, Drey'auc, died in a Jaffa refugee camp in episode #601, Redemption, Part 1.

Teal’c eschews SG-1’s machine guns and armor-piercing bullets for his staff weapon, an energy weapon of Goa’uld design. He can often be seen carrying/using a zatnicketel (another Goa’uld weapon), as well.

According to episode 311, Past and Present, Teal'c's name means "strength."

The character of Teal'c is played by actor Christopher Judge.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.