A Graphing calculator manufactured by Texas Instruments for basic algebra and general lower-level math.

As stated above, a graphing calculator made by Texas Instruments.
Improvement upon the TI-82, improved upon by TI-83 Plus.

I learned something very strange about the TI-83 while doing some assembly programming. Holding a combination of keys can register the same direct input value as another key. For example, pressing '8', '9', and 'x' (the multiplication button) at the same time sends the value of the up arrow button. '5', '6', and '-' is the right arrow; '2', '3', and '+' is the left arrow; '.', '(-)', and 'Enter' is the down arrow. I don't know if that also works with the TI-83 Basic language input, or if it works with any other combinations of keys. It doesn't seem like that was an accident, considering that the combinations of buttons for the arrow buttons are all adjacent like that. Just a strange random (possibly useful? probably not) fact.

Introduction to the Ti-83
The TI-83 was released as the successor to the TI-82 and featured a newer, more contoured case design that has since been used on all of TI's newer calculators. The TI-83 features backwards compatibility with most TI-82 programs and some newer financial functions, but they really arn't used in its every-day usage, but by far the best aspect of this calculator is built-in assembly programming capability supported by TI itself, But you must program it on a computer and transfer it by link to the TI-83. This advance saved curious programmers the trouble of "hacking" the calculator themselves to achieve this functionality, like in the TI-85, and marked the beginning of TI's embracement of assembly (ASM) programming. The TI-83 has consequently become a popular programming platform, but has now been supplanted by the TI-83 Plus, an updated model. Note: Some of this paragraph came from www.Ticalc.org.

MODEL SPECIFICATIONS
CPU : 6 MHz ZiLOG Z80
Memory : 27K RAM
Screen : 96x64 pixels; Black and White ASM Support? Yes
Link Port? Yes
CBL/CBR Support? Yes
Programing support on Calculator? Yes, its a modified BASIC code, aka TI-83 Basic

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.