Class: Starfighter

Model:                  SFS TIE/st V38 Phantom (Stealth Fighter)
Crew:                   One pilot, One gunner
Weaponry:               Three SFS L-s9.3 Laser Cannon*
                       >Two Shadow Works Armored Heavy Particle Lasers
                       >Two SFS G3x Warhead Launchers
                       >One Jammer Beam*
Propulsion System:      SFS Twin Ion Engines*
Speed Rating (MGLT):    100
Power Generator:        Solar Ionization Reactor*
Navigation System:      SFS N-s6 Navcon Computer System*
Hyperdrive:             SFS ND9 Class One Hyperdrive Activator Unit
Shielding:              Forward/Rear projecting Novaldex Deflector Shields (20/50 SBD)
Special Features:       Cloaking Device for stealth mode*
                       >Self-destruct mechanism*

The TIE V-38 Phantom was a prototype starfighter, with one mission: to enable cloaking on a starfighter of relatively small size. It was the first of its kind, and the cloaking device was a breakthrough since it made the TIE Phantom invisible on enemy detectors as well as visually invisible. The cost of the cloaking device, however, was that the power comsumption had to be drastically lowered, and thus it featured very weak shields, rated at only 20 or 50 SBD. This is more than half of that of the TIE Advanced. Clearly this made the TIE Phantom's best opportunity its element of surprise. As most starfighters have only a single pilot, this fighter has a gunner in addition, who is situated behind to right of the pilot. The TIE Phantom project was started by Admiral Sarn, a pioneer in special weapons research, and was conducted in the Dreighton Nebula (Dreighton Triangle). The project was hidden behind a story of ghost fighters, and therefore the Galactic Empire was able to develop the TIE Phantom secretly, without too much commotion.

After the Battle of Yavin, when the Rebellion's esteemed B-Wing fighter/bomber was put into action, so were these fighters. Lord Vader was very interested in the development of the Phantom, and immidiately watched over it. However, things were about to turn, as the Rebellion sent out two B-Wing's to investigate the recent disappearance of three X-Wings, which were destroyed for sheer testing purposes by order of Lord Vader. Later, the Rebellion recieved a distress signal from a YT-1300 Corellian Transport, namely the "Corellia Star". A rebel pilot had stolen the "Corellia Star" from a nearby "Imperial Mining Base" in the Belt of Arah at the Imdaar Alpha. However, Admiral Ackbar, realizing that the "mining base" was not a mining base at all, but the manufacturing and research plant for the TIE Phantom from the flight recordings of the "Corellia Star" ordered the immidiate destruction of the site. Of the three X-wings deployed to the site, only one got back, but he managed to take the station with him.

The Rebellion did not get much details about the fighter, mostly because the fighter activated a self-destruct mechamism before they were able to get it.




                 Front                           3D-ish

                                                     _.########\
                   _                            _. ##      ##  #\
                  |||                      _. ##           ##   #\
                  |||                 _. ##                ##    #\
                  |||              .################################
                  |||                                    /      \\  \
                  |¤|                                   /        '   \
                  |_|                                   #\            #
                  |_|                                  |#             #
              ___/###\___                               #/        .   #
             /./#######\.\         .####################\        ./  /
            /.//#\ | /#\\.\          *.                  \______//__/
            \//## -+- ##\\/            '##############################
             H###/ | \###H               ' ##._                    #/
            /\\#########//\                     ##._              #/
           /\/\\#######//\/\                         ##._        #/
          /¤/             \¤\                             ##._  #/
         ///               \\\
        ///                 \\\
       ///                   \\\
      /_/                     \_\


                                Above

                                  .
                             .   |||   .
                            /|   |||   |\
                           /#|   |||   |#\
                          /##|   |||   |##\
                         /###|   |||   |###\
                        /##  |   |||   |# ##\
                       /##   |   |||   |#  ##\
                      /##    |  _|||_  |#   ##\
                     /##     | / |*| \ |#    ##\
                     ##______|/  |V|  \|#_____##
                     ########/___|V|___\########
                     \##    /#___|V|___#\    ##/
                      \##   \    | |    /   ##/
                       \_____\____V____/_____/



The TIE Phantom only appeared in the game Rebel Assault II. The TIE Sentinel is actually the TIE Phantom.

Sources: misc starwars sites, including the official.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.