we're all a little lost in this world and all we need are connections sometimes to feel complete. trying to reach out but so afraid to reach out. i wonder, how many times have you said what you meant, and how many times have you defended what you believe in, and how many times have you told a person you loved them, and how many times have you smiled at a new day, and how many times have you gone to sleep alone without a feeling of emptiness?

is it better to stay safe in the world we know, the world within ourselves where nobody can touch you? waiting for the next day, the next time somebody tells you you're beautiful. as if it's going to fill you up and you'll suddenly become a beautiful person, not knowing you were beautiful in the first place.

how many times have you taken each day by the hand and ran through the sprinklers or smiled at somebody without reason or put your own selfish desires aside to console a friend? how many times have you started a conversation waiting in a line, or stepped out of yourself to greet the world and all its inhabitants anew? how many times have you just been yourself, that self hiding down there out of view in the darkness trembling with eyes closed, desiring the sunlight on your face?

just go.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.