After being expelled from Discovery Middle School, my next stop was McLoughlin Middle School.

In my 7th grade science class the tables were arranged in groups of 4, with two people facing the other two. For much of the year there was a girl that sat across from me, her name is Emily Fuller. Emily was one of the 'popular' crowd, I wasn't. We talked frequently, though. You might say we were friends in the sense that she probably wouldn't have admitted to knowing me outside of that class, but I was apparently worth talking to on occasion.

Anyhow, to this day all of the details of this incident are not clear to me, but to the best of my knowledge this is what happened: When I enrolled at Mac (our nickname for the school), I had two options for my elective. I wanted to take Spanish (since that was what I had been taking at Discovery), but I had to choose from Choir or Home Economics. As much as I might like to think I can sing (and some of my ex girlfriends seem to agree) I don't view myself as choir material, the counselor that was doing my scheduling thought different apparently (he also taught the choir class) and was offended somehow when I chose to take Home-Ec instead.

Back to science class... Emily and I had been talking in class for a while, and one day I wrote her a note which was to the effect of asking for her phone number, thinking that maybe we could go do something sometime. She didn't reply, I didn't think anything of it.

Sometime later (I think it was about a week) I was called in to talk to the counselor (the same one who had done my scheduling previously). Upon sitting down in his office I was presented with a handwritten note addressed to Emily, talking about how much the writer loved her, and about how they were going to kill themselves or something. The odd thing is that it apparently had my signature on it. *gasp* My response was to the effect of "What the fu**!?" He and I talked over the ordeal, and he told me that she had come to him with this note saying that I had been calling her repeatedly and was accused of stalking her. Her friends were backing her up on this too. I flat out told him that this was BS... and there really wasn't a whole lot that could be done either way. He didn't want to expel me or anything. So then it was dropped. I left his office and nobody ever said a thing about it. I got odd looks from people until the end of my 8th grade year though. Geez, if you didn't know me you'd think I'm a horrible person or something.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.