"It's tasty! It's like a chicken curry... only sort of Mexican, and thicker. Well, it's a tasty chicken something, anyway" - my roommate, on being first presented with this dish.

Ingredients
2 Chicken breasts
1 bell pepper
1 mid-sized tomato
half a packet of fajita seasoning
one clove of garlic
chicken or vegetable stock cube
one mug of water
Vegetable oil

Instructions
Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and place in a frying pan with the chopped bell pepper, crushed garlic, and tomato. Sprinkle the seasoning on top, add a squirt of oil, and mix so the seasoning coats all the ingredients.

Place on a medium heat and fry.

While the chicken is cooking, dissolve your stock cube in a mug of boiling water. When the peppers have softened a little, pour the water into the pan and turn up the heat bringing the mixture to the boil. Turn down and leave to simmer until the excess water boils off.

At this point, if I'm planning on serving the Something with rice or noodles, I'll put the pan of chicken mixture on a back burner until the liquid reduces and the chicken is cooked through. Then, I'll pour the remaining noodle water into the frying pan and reduce it a second time, as this thickens the sauce. Omit this step if you're planning on serving with chips (which works well, I might add).

Plate up and enjoy!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.