Ted DiBiase is a professional wrestler, the son of Iron Mike DiBiase--a wrestler himself. Ted's father tragically died in the ring due to a heart attack in July of 1969.

Ted was hired by the World Wrestling Federation in 1987, as "The Million Dollar Man", Ted DiBiase. He played the role of a snobbish millionaire born with a silver spoon in his mouth, whose mantra was that "everyone has a price". He'd try to bribe opposing wrestlers not to fight him, bribe others to do his dirty work, bribe...well, just about everyone. His completely subservient black servant, Virgil, completed the image. (Yes, it was blatantly racist.)

Fans absolutely HATED him, and within a year he was the top heel (bad guy) in the WWF. He was featured in the main event of Wrestlemania IV, fighting Randy Savage for the vacant WWF Championship. He lost (as heels always did at the time at Wrestlemanias), but interestingly enough he was originally slated to win the title--Vince McMahon decided to play on Savage's popularity and give him the belt instead.

So, the WWF instead gave DiBiase the Million Dollar Belt, supposedly made from real gold and diamonds. It was an interesting theory, but ultimately silly because once someone beat him for the belt (the rebelling Virgil was the first), it looked silly for them to be the Million Dollar Champion once they were done feuding with DiBiase.

DiBiase continued to compete for the WWF until 1993, when a severe injury he suffered while wrestling a tour in Japan ended his active career. He stayed with the WWF as a manager (and occasionally commentator) until 1996, unhappy with the more risque angles and storylines the WWF was beginning to use. Who was the last wrestler he managed, you ask? Oh, just a guy with a blond crew cut named the Ringmaster. Doesn't sound familiar? Perhaps you know him only as his current character, Stone Cold Steve Austin.

DiBiase then jumped to World Championship Wrestling and became part of the nWo--as the storyline went, DiBiase (now known as "Billionaire Ted") was the primary financial backer of the group. He was unhappy with this role, however (likening it to being Hulk Hogan's ring boy), and left WCW after several months.

A devout Christian, DiBiase now runs a church and, using his noteriety, crosses the country speaking to youth about morality, Christianity, and professional wrestling.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.