Telus is the child or remains of Alberta Government Telephones (AGT). When the Alberta Government decided to privatize AGT, Telus is what emerged. They provide telephone, cellular phone, and Internet services. Their ADSL services have evil bandwidth limits though. In general, Telus is a nice feeling company. They always look very friendly, though there have been some horror stories of mean evil capitalist behaviour. These stories are usually based upon the fact that Telus is a monopoly still. They are the only company providing local phone services within Albertan cities. However, long-distance phone, cellular phone, and Internet services they do not monopolize. Because it was deemed illegal for them to do so.

With the deregulation of land services within Canada, Telus has since acquired BCTel and moved into the Ontario market to challenge Bell Canada and its subsidiaries at its own game.

Telus' aggressive tactics are evident in their advertising as well as in their operations. I have witnessed their advisors and municpal planners throw tantrums and exploit contractual loopholes during city council meetings as well as during POP negotiations and deployment discussions.

I do not work for them.

Focusing on connectivity, ecommerce and ASP, Telus is positioning itself nationally as a communications superpower. Their recent purchase of Clearnet Communications Inc. proves as such as Microwave License Agreements are impressive to have within a telecommunications service portfolio. Smaller companies with their own fiber optic infrastructure and agreements may be of future benefit to Telus' success as an altrenative source for communication in Ontario.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.