A one-time musical project in 1991 featuring members of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam (Chris Cornell (vocals), Matt Cameron (drums), Mike McCready (guitar), Stone Gossard (rhythm guitar) and Jeff Ament (bass), with Eddie Vedder singing on a few songs) in tribute to friend and former Mother Love Bone bandmate Andrew Wood. (The band's name comes from the MLB song "Man of Golden Words.") Best known for the song "Hunger Strike," although "Reach Down" and "Say Hello 2 Heaven" got some airplay.

Cornell on the project: "Right after Andy died, we {Soundgarden} went to Europe, and it was horrible, because I couldn't talk about it, and there was no one who had loved him around. I wrote two songs, "Reach Down" and "Say Hello 2 Heaven." That was pretty much how I dealt with it. When we came back, I recorded them right away. They seemed different from what Soundgarden naturally does, and they seemed to fit together. They seemed like music he would like. I got the idea to release them as a single, and to get at least Stone and Jeff, or all of Love Bone, to play on it." They had also planned to do some songs Wood had written but met with resistance from his family, so the musicians wrote their own stuff for the rest of the album.

Tracks on the album:

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.