After finishing his second cocktail, a slightly drunk bar patron made his way towards a beautiful woman at the edge of the bar. She wore a bright red dress, and her blonde hair seemed to blend in with the florescent lights above her.

The patron made his way to the woman, stumbling slightly.

“Goddamn. The hell is someone like you doing in a place like this?” the patron asked.

The bartender walked over to the area where the woman was sitting.

“Don’t bother.” said the bartender.
“Hey man, if I want another drink, I’ll ask. Mind your own business-”
“She’s an android.”
“What?”
“A robot. Sort of.”
“What? Really?”
“Yep. Bought her on Monday. She makes the bar look nice, doesn’t she?”

The man looked at the woman, who looked up at him and waved.

“Can she talk?” the man asked.

“Nah, not yet,” the bartender said, “Still waiting on the bit that makes her speak. The company back-ordered it on me. She can do sign language, though I’ll be damned if I know what she’s saying.”

The woman signed something to the bartender. He looked at her with a blank stare. She signed again, to no avail.

An older woman from the other side of the bar saw the sign the android was making. She spoke up.

“She’s asking for a pen and paper.” said the older woman.

The bartender grabbed a pen from his front pocket and an old receipt from a nearby garbage can.

“Here ya go.” said the bartender, passing the items to the android.

The android scribbled something down on the paper. After finishing, she proceeded to get up from her chair and walk towards the exit, pausing only to toss the pen at the bartender, who was still trying to comprehend what was going on.

“What does it say?” asked the drunk patron, pointing to the piece of paper.

The bartender looked at the paper. In flawless print, it read:

To hell with this.“

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.