I sit here, alone until my parents come home. Time has ended. I have no obligations; nothing needs to be done. And what really frightens me is that I don't know what I want to do.

It may seem funny to think of the end of college as the end of time, but it really is. I know I used to do things, just for fun. I used to chat with my friends. Fine, I've done that. I wanted to watch TV. But I can't figure out what used to be so exciting about it. So, now, I'm just sitting here noding, unable to think of anything that I would like to do. It's horrible. Maybe I didn't need to make decisions in college - there was always something that needed to be done.
Time was structured. Now that structure is lost.

So, time has ended. And I don't know what I want to do. It's amazing - there were days in college when I would have given a hundred dollars for one hour of freedom, or even just sleep. But now freedom stretches before me, week upon week, and I don't know what to do with it. If there is a God, he has a peculiar sense of irony.

The end of time as speculated by a few of the different calenders of major civilizations of the world:

The arrival of the Avatar of Krishna: 2003

The end of the Mayan Calendar: Dec 23, 2012

The end of the world according to Zecharia Sitchin, the sumerian scriptures: Early 2013

The date for the end of time calculated by Terrence Mckenna out of the I Ching: Dec, 21 2012

The planetary alignment or syzygy: Sept 8, 2040

The end of the Muslim calendar: 2076

The end of the Jewish calendar: 2240

And for all you Christians that think things happen in millenial periods, the next one will be in exactly 364,945 days 2 hours 32 minutes and 20 seconds from the moment of writing (GMT)

This is for all those people left salty after the world failed to end for the recent quasi-millenium, just to give you something to look forward to. All I know is that I am going to have one hell of a party on December 20, 2012

A small correction to splitrocket's write-up above... The advent of the Kalki avatara is predicted in the Vedic literatures, thus:
athasau yuga-sandhyayam
dasyu-prayeshu rajasu
janita vishnu-yashaso
namna kalkir jagat-patih

Therafter, at the conjunction of two yugas, the Lord of the creation will take His birth as the Kalki incarnation and become the son of Vishnu Yasha. At this time the rulers of the earth will have degenerated into plunderers.

(Bhag., 1:3:25)

True, this will signal the beginning of the end, however the dating of this is slightly out. The present Kali-yuga lasts for 432,000 years, and only five thousand years have passed since the Battle of Kurukshetra, the end of the régime of King Parikshit, and the passing of Sri Krishna. Thus, it will be in approximately 429,000 CE that this will occur.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.