Buffy The Vampire Slayer Episode Guide

Season 1, episode 2

The Harvest

Written by Joss Whedon
Directed by John Kretchmer
Original air date: March 10, 1997
Episode #: 4V02

Cast:
Buffy Summers: Sarah Michelle Gellar
Xander Harris: Nicholas Brendon
Willow Rosenberg: Alyson Hannigan
Rupert Giles: Anthony Stewart Head
Cordelia Chase: Charisma Carpenter
Joyce Summers: Kristine Sutherland
Principle Flutie: Ken Lerner
Darla: Julie Benz

This is the second part of the opening of the series, and starts where the first episode, Welcome To The Hellmouth left off. Officially, it are two episodes, but it was originally shown as one long episode.

Jesse has been captured by The Master, who is preparing for the Harvest. Giles and Willow are looking for information about the Harvest on the internet, while Buffy goes looking for Jesse. At the mausoleum where she fought a few vampires earlier on, she runs into the stranger she met before. His name is Angel. He tells her that the Harvest will be that night. Xander has followed Buffy, and together they go look for Jesse. They find him, but when they try to take him back to the city, it turns out that he's turned into a vampire. Then more vampires come after them. Buffy and Xander manage to escape, which makes the Master furious.

Willow discovers that on the Harvest the Master will draw power from a minnion, and can come into the real world. His minnion is Luke, a strong vampire which Buffy fought in the mausoleum. Xander thinks the vampires will go to the Bronze, since there are always lots of people at night.
That night, a gang of vampires take over the Bronze. Jesse dances with Cordelia, whom he wants to kill afterwards. Buffy, Xander, Giles and Willow go there to kill the vampires, but they're too late, since the bloodsucking has already begun, and the Master grows stronger each minute. Buffy manages to kill a few vampires, and Xander accidentally kills his former friend Jesse. When Buffy kills Luke, she also stops the Master from gaining enough strengh to break free. Sunnydale is saved.

previous episode  next episode
Index

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.