Those who can see deserve to be blind
Those who are blind deserve to have sight
You have taken for granted all that you have
You hold onto it dearly and feel it is yours
You have no right to anything you will not freely give
Nothing you have is rightfully yours
It was given to you to give away
Give your body to those who would strike it down
Give your thoughts to those who would mock them in stride
Give your heart to those who would treat it unkind
And then you will know what is rightfully yours

--Convergence II: 9

The Second Book of Convergence, as dictated to me by my angel, gives a blueprint to creating a frame of existence that follows The Heaven Dynamic. Living in a shadow frame of samsara as we do, the means and methods for rising out of shadows and creating a frame of existence that equates to that matching descriptions of heaven seem impossible or even convoluted. The Heaven Dynamic creates a frame where no one goes without and no one is left in need or want because all these things are addressed by others in a place where no one has to be concerned with their own survival or comfort.

The path to creation is not an easy one, but once such a frame is created it is easily maintained. To achieve creation, one has to learn to navigate those who rely on fear, anger, hate and vengeance in order to propel themselves through this life. One must be willing to make what is defined as the ultimate sacrifice within a samsara frame, which is to give yourself to those who would strike you down rather than defend or avenge the self.

Anyone who is a leader needs to understand that they set a tone and a pattern that will be copied and repeated, for followers consider a leader's actions to be worthy of following. If a leader at any level promotes hatred, anger, fear or vengeance as something justified and righteous, then these things will be repeated throughout the following, as well as by the opposition to that leader and those followers, who will feel justified in reacting to these negative, base emotional responses in kind. The pattern is established and samsara is kept alive through its ongoing repetition.

Unless the pattern is somehow broken and not repeated.

Hardly a simple matter, this.

What makes it difficult is that there is so much anger matched with a desire to "even the score" on some level. Much of this is considered justifiable. The man whose son was murdered feels fully justified in his anger and desire to see the murderer punished. There is a sense, promoted in most cases by the prevailing collective reality, that every act requires a response in kind. They burned our village so we must burn theirs. This kind of thinking has kept us blanketed in violence and hatred throughout human history.

This kind of thinking is so deeply carved into our consciousness from our earliest development as individuals that we do not think twice, most of the time, when seeking self-decided justice. Someone stole your Radio Flyer, so you wait outside their house and steal their bicycle. A kid at school crushes your carton of milk and laughs at you and the plans for revenge begin almost immediately. We cannot fault our youth for having this sort of mentality. It is taught to them through the examples set by adults, and most particularly, those in power who promote an eye for an eye through declaring war, in either a figurative or literal sense, against anything that offends them or with which they do not agree.

By admitting as individuals that we are not without flaws, living as each of us do in a glass house that others would be happy to find fault with should we do them wrong, we can look inwardly and realize that the answer lies within negotiations and compromise with those we readily consider enemies. To break off or deny any form of discussion that accepts both parties as equally right, and equally wrong, we can seek solutions that aren't wrapped in a blanket of anger and retribution. We can learn to forgive and to start fresh, but this does not happen until we abandon our own self-righteousness and accept that we have done wrong to others, we have flaws, and we live in shaky little glass houses.

Avoiding conflict is not an easy matter, especially when you consider that our most base emotional reponses have been trained to react to conflict with conflict and to mirror the wrongs of others with wrongs of our own, in spite of the lessons of "two wrongs do not make a right." Our society teaches us that this is trumped by one doing wrong in the name of right in order to defeat others doing wrong in the name of wrong. Guess what, they are thinking the same thing.

The only way to stop the cycle of conflict is to stop giving conflict legitimacy. One who attacks is giving legitimacy in their attacks when they are attacked in return. It fuels them and allows them to parry without having to invent justifications. If you put anyone in a defensive position, they can justify their actions by using the archaic self defense reasoning.

A sacrifice is required. It may involve the sacrifice of an entire generation, but the greatest teachers of the past, including the Nazarene understood that sacrifice of the self is the only way to teach an enlightened path to a civilization obsessed with hatred and revenge. Part of the great lessons of the Nazarene involved his crucifixion. Perhaps he could have martialled great powers to defend and avenge him, but this would have betrayed the lesson involved in resisting the temptation to seek an eye for an eye and instead turn the other cheek.

Yet, strangely enough, or perhaps not so strangely when you think about the nature of power, those who claim to have a profound understanding of the Nazarene's teachings, and those of the great prophets of other religions of enlightenment, pervert these teachings in order to justify the actions they use to maintain power. Think of the crusades, the inquisition and modern efforts to invoke the name of the Nazarene to legitimize wars of occupation. Infidels can be crushed by the faithful because of their lack of "correct faith" when prophets from the Nazarene to Mohammed spoke in no uncertain terms about love for those who were outside your circle.

We all carry fatal flaws. These are weaknesses we were sent here to samsara to try to get and handle on. We were put in touch with the exact things that would lead us into the temptation to act on anger and seek retribution and legitimize hatred. The danger is not in the overt acts of hostility and hatred but in the subtle pushing of buttons to bring hatred to light. The manipulators in power have often done this whenever they are struggling to maintain their power.

Anger can provide a vision. The cause of the anger can be faced, and that anger can be turned into positive energy, but if it dips into a sense that anger justifies hatred and retribution, you will surely stumble. See anger for what it is, a motivator for change that will relieve the anger, not fuel it. Anger is a signal that there is conflict in need of resolution. It is more often seen as a way to legitimize hate and retribution. If we see it instead as an early warning system for trouble on the road ahead, we can find the better road.

If you make yourself aware of the subtle attempts to manipulate through the use of "green lights" for hatred, you can see them for what they really are. They normally take the form of rationalized indignation coupled with a need to eliminate problems that are supposed to create problems for the general population or go against constructs of a collective reality that are said to be threatened by these problems. What is really at work is an effort to stir up the pot and grant an easier road to the temptation to hate, while at the same time distracting one from actual issues and problems that are at work. The most prevalent form of is nationalism, giving legitimacy to faith in an artificial construct, a country, as a way of accepting and embracing all that construct is involved in while railing against those who oppose those ideals and actions.

As individuals, what can we do to stem the tide of the roads they pave towards temptation? How can we find the strength to continue to take the unpaved roads less travelled and remove ourselves from under the dark cloud of hatred, revenge and zealotry that permeates almost every aspect of modern civilization's lust for power? Again, this is not an easy question.

Find your strength. Find peace within yourself. Find the ability to laugh at yourself and all your foibles. Refuse to fight. Refuse to become angry. Refuse to strike back against your fellow man, knowing he is just as you are, perhaps just more misguided in his path. Refuse to grant legitimacy to the actions those of true conscious find so deeply objectionable. Teach. Learn. Give of yourself so that others might find the path more easily.

We have an absence of real leadership on many levels here in samsara. In the absence of leadership, we must become leaders, not by trying to seize power to legitimize our actions, but by setting examples that will bring peace to the future and keep chaos at bay... at least for another generation.

As always, I am a deeply flawed human being and will admit on no uncertain terms that I am always wrong. This is part of the road. You will find it one day. I believe in you. The road ahead is soon to become even more difficult for those of us who resist temptation, and many of us will stumble, as I have, but we can always pick ourselves up again and start new. In the present tense we are capable of more than we believe.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.