You'll find this song on old jukeboxes -- the kind that play vinyl 45 rpm records. I first heard the song at Tanner's Bar and Grill when I worked there in my high school days a cook. If I had to guess, I'd say The I-95 Asshole Song was the most played song in the whole jukebox. I'd hear it 3 or 4 times every night.

The song sounds like it might be sung by Jimmy Buffett and in fact many people mistakenly credit Buffett with the song, however the song was written and sung by Fred "August" Campbell and is on Pantera Records released in 1983. His group was called August and the Spur of the Moment Band. It was recorded at Ocean Sound Studios in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and engineered by Mike Couzzi. You might also find it on a CD called The Copulation Compilation (1991) by Mobile Productions or Mobile Record Service Company. You should also be able to find it on your favorite mp3 sharing service.

The I-95 Asshole Song was the B-Side to a song (which I don't believe I have ever listened to) called Lost Horizons.

It's been 18 years since I last heard it, but the words to the chorus are still ingrained in my brain:

Were you born an asshole?
Or did you work at it your whole life?
Either way it worked out fine
'cause you're an asshole tonight.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.